I. Choose the best answer from the choices given and blacken the corresponding letter?A, B, C or D on the ANSWER SHEET. (1%x20=20%)
1.Elementary school authorities should reduce the pupils' homework load to ensure that they have a?________childhood.
2. Leaves kept falling,?________above our heads when we were walking among the trees.
3. Nowadays there are more and more?________in primary schools in China.
A. man teacher
B. man teachers
C. men teacher
D. men teachers
4. A: Which umbrella would you like. black. yellow or blue?
B: I'm sorry. I like?________of these.
5. No sooner?________apologized than he forgave her.
A. has she
B. she has
C. had she
D. she had
6.I wish I?________taller and stronger so that they wouldn't dare to treat me roughly.
C. have been
D. should be
7. The most impressive furniture in his office is a?________chair.
A. huge comfortable leather
B. comfortable leather huge
C. leather comfortable huge
D. leather huge comfortable
8. Each family?________asked to plant a tree before summer came.
9. By the end of the last term, they_____ all their course work.
A. have completed?
B. had completed
D. are completing
10. My best friend??________to meet me when I arrived at Hongqiao Airport.
B. has come
11. I am cycling to work because my car.? ? ? ? ? ? ??last week.
A. had been stolen?
B. was stolen
C. is stolen
D. stole .
12. He asked if he_____ leave the office half an hour earlier that afternoon.
13. They?________lost, or they should have arrived yesterday.
A. may get
B. should get
C. might have got
D. should have got
14. The best way?________with him is not to give an inch. If you do, he'll take a foot.?
B. to deal
15. He tried?________a new microphone and was able to make himself
A. using, hearing
C. using, heard
D. to use, heard
16. You may have?________fresh water as you like from here.
A. as much
B. too much
17.?________he has lived in Hong Kong for years, he sil has dfficultyt understanding Cantonese.
A. Where :
C. When .
18.?________the weather is concerned, I don't think it matters.
A. So long as
B. As far as
19. No one?________has ever visited the town will fail to be impressed by its beauty.
20. The project?________they have been working for two years is a total failure.
C. on which
D. on that